Skip to main content

Renters Insurance

Our community requires renter's insurance to protect each resident's property. Please provide a confirmation of coverage by bringing the leasing office a declaration page from your insurance company. A minimum of $100,000.00 in liability insurance in required and The Knolls Townhomess must be listed as an interested party. Full coverage is recommended. 

We recommend using ePremium for your renter's insurance and they will ensure that your policy meets our communitys requirements. Click the link below to visit their page and sign up.




Why do we require renters insurance?

Many renters are under the impression that their landlords insurance policy will cover their belongings, unfortunately that generally is not the case. Your landlords policy covers the building itself, but it may not include your personal belongings, and may not cover injuries sustained within the structure. Thats where renters insurance comes in.

Renters insurance protects your personal property in a rented apartment from unexpected circumstances such as theft, a fire, or sewer backup damage and will pay you for lost or damaged possessions. It can also help protect you from liability if someone is injured on your property.

If you experience a covered loss in your rented space, renters insurance can help to cover the associated costs. The amount covered will depend on the type of loss that occurred and the amount of coverage you have.